MDT may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of offering or booking travel services on your behalf such as name, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, emergency contact information, travel medical information (when required), insurance details, nationality, residency, dietary restrictions, travel and accommodation preferences, comments and trip evaluations, tour information, and payment-related information. Providing us with this personal information allows us to provide you with information for your particular trip, book accommodations, process payments, and provide relevant travel services.
If you book a trip, we may rely on local service providers. Please be aware that we may be required to provide certain personal information to service providers for the purpose of implementing your travel experience. When you book travel services with us, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information by MDT, as well as the corresponding collection and use by relevant travel partners or suppliers, for the purposes of administering and delivering the travel services requested.
Use of your personal information may also be required for the following:
- Allowing us to understand your needs as a customer and determine the suitability of our products and services
- Informing you about our products and services that may be of interest to you (provided that we have valid consent from you if required)
- Providing ongoing service and support, including resolution of any issues with tours, products, and services provided by MDT
- Ensuring the safety and security of our travelers and staff
- Carrying out internal accounting, reporting, and administrative tasks related to our business and operations
- Complying with laws, regulations, and immigration requirements.
How do we ensure your personal information is protected?
We have implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in our custody and control. We make it a priority to maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
However, the collection or communication of information over the Internet or other publicly accessible communications networks cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure; thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information.
Can I get access to my information? If so, how do I access my personal information?
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
You may request to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
In addition to your right to access, update, and correct information we hold about you, if you are resident in the UK, European Union, or European Economic Area then you have the following additional rights:
- To be told how long your personal information will be retained by us or the basis on which we make decisions about how long we retain your personal information;
- To require that your personal information is deleted by us, subject to any necessary legal requirements we may have to retain the information;
- To object to our processing of your personal information or to restrict processing of your personal information (but we may be unable to provide certain services to you without processing this information);
- To receive a copy of any personal information we hold about you in a portable format;
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervising authority (for example the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK).
Our website uses a technology called a “cookie,” which is a small element of data that our website can send to your browser to be stored on your computer so that we can recognize your computer when you return. Cookies may provide us with information that we shall use to personalize our website in accordance with your interests. Note that most website browsers allow you to modify your settings, letting you know when you receive a cookie and allowing you to reject cookies.
We may also use a third party to help us gather and analyze information about the areas that you visit on the website to evaluate and improve user experience and the ease of use of the website, and to help us evaluate some particular information in relation to your visit to our website.