Visit Asia’s Largest Slum, DHARAVI: The Heart of Mumbai.
Why is Dharavi the heart of Mumbai?
Dharavi which is one of the largest slums in Asia. Dharavi economic output is estimated to be approximately 1 billion US dollars annually much of that revenue is generated by the Rubies informal recycling industry over 20 million people live in Mumbai they produce over 6,500 tons of garbage every single day over 85% of that waste is recycled. Normally people think slum is all poor people left there but we are trying to show the different set of Dharavi slums which is a sense of community and friendly and hard work hard-working people that have is a place where many different kinds of people live there are very poor people and also very very rich also people who export stuff from here who make millions of rupees so it’s a city within the city we love doing this tour’s in Dharavi because this is not a monument where information always the same here we meet the real people and the real side of slum and this is how we are trying to change the legend about the Dharavi slums in Mumbai.
Dharavi slums in Mumbai the DHARAVI it’s one of the most vibrant centers for extreme entrepreneurship on our Planet. It has a large number of thriving small-scale industries that produce Plastic Recycling, export quality leather goods, pottery, embroidered garments and many more. Most of these products are made in tiny manufacturing and sold in domestic as well as international markets. Most of these things are created innovatively, in a very small space!
The most interesting thing, guide himself lives in Dharavi slum
- Place where Slumdog Millionaire was shot
- Leather Industries
- Making of soap
- Colour Dye
- Small Alley
- Schools & Hospitals
- Houses in Slum
- Plastic Recycling
- Muslim people making a shrine for Hindus
- Recycling of veg oil can
- The most interesting thing, guide himself lives in slums
- Slum market
- Group Tour: INR 700/- Rupees per person. You will be accompanied with up to six other travelers,
- Private Tour: INR 4,000/- You can bring a maximum of six people on your private tour. (For larger groups, please get in touch)
- Pickup and Drop: INR 6200/- You can bring a maximum of six people on your private tour. (For larger groups, please get in touch)
- Operates every day
- Duration: 2 – 2.5 hours
- Morning Tour: 09:00AM from ( Churchgate ) & 10:00AM from ( Mahim CCD )
- Afternoon Tour: 2:00 PM from ( Churchgate ) & 2:30 PM from ( Mahim CCD )
- Evening Tour: 5:00 PM
- Morning Tour: Churchgate Railway Station Near Ticket Counter & Cafe Coffee Day, opposite to Mahim west Railway Station
- Afternoon Tour: Cafe Coffee Day, opposite to Mahim west Railway Station
- Evening Tour: Cafe Coffee Day, opposite to Mahim west Railway Station
>What To Wear:
- Please wear modest clothing (for women: no sleeveless shirts, short shorts, or low tops) and closed-toed shoes.
Dharavi slum Tour Review
> For any Further Queries please connect with us and we shall be glad to assist You.
Contact us on +91 900413 5215
Email : email@example.com